The redesign should have been done from the very beginning to rid the space of negative energy left behind from the disastrous Bush presidency. Funny, there are portraits of George Washington and Lincoln, but none of the prophet Muhammad. There’s the presidential seal, but no Islamic crescent. The place looks so American, Lincolnian even, in its dark wood and earth tones. Hmm … not even a foreign French designer’s touch? Strange. Even the quotations adorning the new presidential rug are from great, patriotic Americans:
- “The Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself” – President Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “The Arc of the Moral Universe Is Long, But It Bends Towards Justice” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Government of the People, By the People, For the People” – President Abraham Lincoln
- “No Problem of Human Destiny Is Beyond Human Beings” – President John F. Kennedy
- “The Welfare of Each of Us Is Dependent Fundamentally Upon the Welfare of All of Us” – President Theodore Roosevelt