Tuesday, October 09, 2012

MSNBC's DESPICABLE JOURNALISTIC MALPRACTICE

IT'S INCREDIBLY BAD ENOUGH THEY'VE BEEN VIRTUALLY MUZZLED FROM ADDRESSING the abundant evidence of MITT ROMNEY'S PROBABLE SOCIOPATHIC PERSONALITY; or dangerous Messianic strain in his cultish, secretive religion; BUT, their total disregard for Mitt Romney's JAW-DROPPING racism during the debate is nothing short of journalistic MALPRACTICE. I refer to my post entitled "Mitt Romney's Offensive And Condescending Zinger" and this Romney statement:
"I will not reduce the share paid by high-income individuals. I know that you and your running mate keep saying that and I know it’s a popular thing to say with a lot of people, but it’s just not the case. Look, I’ve got five boys. I’m used to people saying something that’s not always true, but just keep on repeating it and ultimately hoping I’ll believe it. But that — that is not the case. All right? I will not reduce the taxes paid by high-income Americans."
And my partial, (truly) STUNNED reaction:
"[B]ut the inferred comparison of the President of the United States to his "five boys" when they lied was, to me, a jaw-dropping racist reference that was once again (deliberately?) overlooked by the Idiot Punditocracy.

When one accuses an African American man of lying like your "boys" there should be no doubt left as to the inherent, vile racism in the remark. (It was one more Romney dog whistle, of which he has a history, dating back to when MSNBC management forced Chris Matthews to apologize for his network after it correctly reported Romney's use of KKK language on the stump. It's SHAMEFUL and Mitt Romney ought to be called on it.)"
Naturally, this exchange was COMPLETELY ignored by the Idiot Punditocracy, as if it had never taken place. All I can do is try to point these idiots to the TRUTH, hoping they'll do THE RIGHT THING. Today, VINDICATION from a Media Internet heavyweight, Talking Points Memo:
Josh Romney: Dad ‘Learned How To Debate An Obstinate Child’

ERIC KLEEFELD 1:31 PM EDT, TUESDAY OCTOBER 9, 2012

Josh Romney, one of Mitt Romney's sons, told a pointed joke Tuesday about President Obama's debate performance, while warming up the crowd for his father at a campaign rally in Van Meter, Iowa.

"I don't know if you guys saw the debate last week," Josh Romney said, as the crowd cheered and applauded. "I take a lot of pride in that, because — I don't know if you noticed, but I was — me and my brothers were responsible for my dad doing so well. We were the ones, as kids, that kept saying the same thing over and over. And we'd say the same lie over and over. And my dad learned then, not to believe it. While we didn't go to any of the formal debate preparation, we did the real hard stuff.

"So as a father, he learned how to debate an obstinate child. We had a lot of fun, we had a lot of fun watching the debate."

Previously, Mitt Romney told a similar retort to Obama at the debate last week: "I've got five boys. I'm used to people saying the same thing over and over again hoping it becomes true."

No comments: