Thursday, July 19, 2012

America TEH STOOPID: Record Drought, Ag. Sec., GenXer Heads Up Collectivist Butts

ON THE BRIGHTER SIDE, Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsak promised, "If I had a rain dance I could do, I would do it." As for Global Warming causality, Sec. Vilsak said, "I'm not a scientist." Mostly, "I get on my knees everyday and I'm saying an extra prayer right now." But surely he has scientists in his employ, he must talk to them on a regular basis? Nope, he's worried about the "immediate impact" this will have on growers and consumers. They are working on drought-resistant seeds, though. In the news today, a glacier twice the size of Manhattan breaks off from Greenland.

 Meanwhile, GenXers are "surprisingly disengaged, dismissive or doubtful about whether global climate change is happening and they don't spend much time worrying about it." According to a poll, which surprised the experts, 66% of GenExers "said they aren't sure global warming is happening and 10% said they don't believe it's occurring." Only about 5% of Gen Xers, now 32 to 52 years old, are "alarmed" and 18% "concerned" about climate change. Maybe the next time imbecile GenExers go to the supermarket in the coming weeks, they'll be hit with a sticker shock dose of reality.

I keep hearing this ME-ME myself and I, twice now from one of Lady Alex's excellent girlfriends on NOW, and of course from MSNBC's resident Rand-fan la fascisti Italiana Sarah Eh (?) Cupp, "unlike Europe, we're an aspirational people." No muchachas, unlike Europe, we're TEH STOOPID people. Or, as Lady Alex, quoting Game of Thrones, said: "a hard Winter is coming." In every which way.

No comments: