Saturday, January 28, 2012

Ron Paul Postcript: Can The Paulies & Paulines Say ... D'OH!

According to this WaPo article, "people close to Paul’s operations said he was deeply involved in the company that produced the newsletters, Ron Paul & Associates, and closely monitored its operations, signing off on articles and speaking to staff members virtually every day... “It was his newsletter, and it was under his name, so he always got to see the final product. . . . He would proof it,’’ said Renae Hathway, a former secretary in Paul’s company and a supporter of the Texas congressman’s."

There's more from TPM. Gee, this comes as a COMPLETE surprise! (And haven't I said this before?)

2 comments:

nar said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef1KhvKtcDs

Here is the recent interview of Dr. Paul on this subject. He didn't even live in the same town as the place that this newsletter was being published, so he couldn't have been there every day like she said.

Although, since this is an interview with Paul, and you seem to think his opinions are worthless I guess this won't be enough proof for you. But hey, maybe you'll find some more dirt on him? You still haven't convinced me to vote Obama even though I'm a social democrat and recent supporter of Obama. (I switched to Paul in early January, about 3 weeks ago).

Carlos said...

nar, see my comments below. I respect your involvement in politics. You're not the problem; those who sit on the sidelines watching FOX are. As I mentioned, this isn't an advocacy blog; this is a liberal and progressive blog. We have not endorsed President Obama, although I will vote for him again. Elections are about choices and I do not believe in throwing my vote away. Consider the election of 2000 and what would have happened if a thousand or so Nader supporters had switched their votes to Al Gore in Florida. Would our environment be in better shape today? Yes, I think so. Would we have invaded Iraq resulting in tens of thousands of our troops being killed or wounded? I think not.