Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Quotable: Eric Massa on Rham Emanuel

“I went into the showers...I'm sitting there showering, naked as a jaybird and here comes Rahm Emanuel not even with a towel wrapped around his tush, poking his finger in my chest, yelling at me because I wasn't going to vote for the president's budget. Do you know how awkward it is to have a political argument with a naked man?”
Resigning ex-Congressman Eric Massa, slamming Rham Emanuel, as “an individual who would sell his mother to get a vote. He would strap his children to the front end of a steam locomotive.”

I don’t know about you, but the image of Rhambo getting naked with Eric Massa, trying to browbeat him into voting with the President seems admirable in a strange and funny kind of way . . . well beyond the call of duty. I’m warming to Rham already. And I can’t wait to see what SNL does with this material!

As for Eric Massa’s long goodbye: It’s sad and pathetic. Even Glenn Beck apologized to his audience for giving Massa the entire hour of his show. Beck got nothing except Massa’s admission of inappropriate behavior, and a lot of irrelevant weirdness inbetween.

No comments: