Monday, November 27, 2006

'Tis good to be back

Once again, the long holiday weekend showed that ANYONE who says they are retiring from politics, pro sports, corporate management, etc. to "spend more time with their family" IS LYING. NO ONE wants to spend more time with their families!

I have stories, oh, do I have stories, from my sojourn into Red State America, but unfortunately, for the sake of domestic tranquility, I can't share most of them here. But one very quick one--I went with my 15-year old son to see Borat. It is as funny and as grotesquely inappropriate as you have heard. The next morning, the local paper runs a column on said film by the loathsome Jonah Goldberg. A Limbaugh-Hannity listening [unnamed] family member showed it to me and asked if I had read it. I said, politely, "no--considering the source." Unnamed Family Member responds, "Why, because he's CONSERVATIVE?" Again as politely as possible I responded, "no, because he's an IDIOT!"


Happy Thanksgiving.

But some leftovers for a delicious dessert, courtesy of Gadflyer and Tapped:

Total votes

HOUSE

Democrats 39,267,916 (57.7%)
Republicans 28,464,092 (41.8%)

SENATE

Democrats 31,405,754 (53.7%)
Republicans 24,920,212 (42.6%)

"This is presumably the first cycle since the modern party system began that no party (in this case the Dems) lost not a single House, SEN, or GOV seat."

Now THAT'S happy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know which makes me happier....the fact that closet Dems finally got off their asses or the fact that so many Reps finally recognized the turd in the potato salad and crossed over.