Friday, February 24, 2006

Get with it, Gov...

Ill. Governor Confused by 'Daily Show' Bit

ST. LOUIS -- Gov. Rod Blagojevich wasn't in on the joke. Blagojevich says he didn't realize "The Daily Show" was a comedy spoof of the news when he sat down for an interview that ended up poking fun at the sometimes-puzzled Democratic governor.

"It was going to be an interview on contraceptives ... that's all I knew about it," Blagojevich laughingly told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch in a story for Thursday's editions. "I had no idea I was going to be asked if I was 'the gay governor.'"


C'mon Gov--you're about my age. Don't you have cable? And don't you have a STAFF that preps you for interviews?

2 comments:

drmagoo said...

I saw that story and was going to post it here when I had the chance. Not a great moment for Blagy.

From the other side of town said...

I can state from both direct experience and knowledge of the Guv’s staff, chances are that one of his ‘ignorant’ staffers took it upon their self to have the Guv on the Daily Show, and decided not to communicate with the rest of the staff. I would bet they thought the Guv knew ‘who’ he was dealing with and figured a little national TV exposure wouldn’t hurt.