Monday, October 23, 2006

Two quick World Series observations

1) Is it really necessary to play these games in what seems like November and way past this old curmudgeon's bedtime? I know, follow the money and all that, but each year it seems to get darker, later and colder

and

2) PLEASE lose "God Bless America." Beyond the fact that it is grossly out of place at a baseball game, raise your hand if you think America is being guided by the light from above? Murderous wars for sport, torture--I think we're in line for "smiting" before "blessing."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, so much for the "boys of summer." Watching baseball amidst the snow flakes is just plain crazy. And I'm right there with you on "God Bless America." I mentioned this among others when I was watching the game Saturday night and was called unpatriotic. Go figure.

I'd much prefer to hear Ozzy Osbourne (not) sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame..."

Anonymous said...

Why do you hate America?!!?

Why do you hate darkness and cold?!

LOL!!