Beck: “They are taking you to a place to be slaughtered!” / Limbaugh: “There’s gonna be a retard summit at the White House.” / Hannity: “Liberals should adopt someone who needs healthcare.” / Ailes: “Well, he was talking about Hitler and Stalin slaughtering people.” / Bill-O: Four-year trial at $200 million a year equals “almost a trillion dollars.”
This is the end result:
A poll taken by Daily Kos/Research 2000 gives us a disturbing glimpse into the dark underbelly of the GOP beast.
- 39 percent of Republicans believe Obama should be impeached, 29 percent are not sure, 32 percent said he should not be voted out of office.
- 36 percent of Republicans believe Obama was not born in the United States, 22 percent are not sure, 42 percent think he is a natural citizen.
- 31 percent of Republicans believe Obama is a “Racist who hates White people” -- the description once adopted by Fox News's Glenn Beck. 33 percent were not sure, and 36 percent said he was not a racist.
- 63 percent of Republicans think Obama is a socialist, 16 percent are not sure, 21 percent say he is not
- 24 percent of Republicans believe Obama wants “the terrorists to win,” 33 percent aren't sure, 43 percent said he did not want the terrorist to win.
- 21 percent of Republicans believe ACORN stole the 2008 election, 55 percent are not sure, 24 percent said the community organizing group did not steal the election.
- 23 percent of Republicans believe that their state should secede from the United States, 19 percent aren't sure, 58 percent said no.
- 53 percent of Republicans said they believe Sarah Palin is more qualified to be president than Obama.