Sunday, April 19, 2009

Hugo Chavez Sells a Book!

The book that Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez gave President Obama at the OAS summit as the cameras rolled, Open Veins of Latin America: Five Centuries of the Pillage of a Continent, by Uruguayan author Eduardo Galeano (referenced in my post below), IS NOW, get this:


NO. 2 ON AMAZON'S BESTSELLER LIST! FRIDAY, IT WAS NO. 60,180!!
(
source: CNN news story based on running sales rankings on Amazon)

The 1971 book details centuries of exploitation of Latin America by Europeans and the United States, and has been through multiple reprints, the latest update being in 1978. WOW ... I'd better order my copy now while supplies last and prices are good.



PS - I just placed my order. Better hurry and get yours! :)

1 comment:

Patricia J. Esposito said...

Haha, wow! I was thinking this was going to be a great promotion, but I hadn't anticipated that sort of leap.