Former Bush minion Andy Card apparently is upset found that the president and members of his administration don't always dress like funeral directors while engaged in the heavy lifting of cleaning up one Bush disaster after another. He whined that:
Ronald Reagan and both President Bushes treated the Oval Office with tremendous respect. They treated the Office of the Presidency with tremendous respect. And some of that respect was reflected in how they expected people to behave, how they expected them to dress when they walked into the symbol of freedom for the world, the Oval Office. And yes, I'm disappointed to see the casual, laissez faire, short sleeves, no shirt and tie, no jacket, kind of locker room experience that seems to be taking place in this White House and the Oval Office.
Yup, they destroyed the country, trashed the constitution and caused havoc around the world, but they looked good doing it!
I just happened to come across this old memo from Andy:
From: Andrew Card, Chief of Staff
To: White House Staff
It has come to my attention that members of the staff have taken a rather lax approach to our dress code. Shall we go over a few basics again?
1) DO NOT wear white or invade countries without cause after Labor Day.
2) Solid colors with renditioning is SO last year.
3) Earth tones with wiretapping, people, earth tones! Pastels and terrorist surveillance? I don't think so!
4) PLEASE make sure than any detainees wearing black hoods have matching shoes and bags.
5) If you're going to out a CIA agent, be REALLY out. Bold, bold, bold, people, bold!
6) Remember, enhanced interrogation is the new torture!
And finally, for all departing staff, remember that you should always dress for the job you want, so let's all DRESS LIKE LOBBYISTS!