Tuesday, October 10, 2006

In which we learn how corrupt Dennis Hastert's aides are

I'm relatively new to the management game, but in the couple of years I've been doing it, one thing I've learned is that to be good at what I do, I have to take responsibility for the work done by the people "below" me (in an organizational sense). I helped hire them, and if they screw up, it reflects on me. I can't even imagine walking into a meeting with my fellow chairs if the people that worked for me were as corrupt as the GOP is right now.

Dennis Hastert, on the other hand, has no sense of shame.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- House Speaker Dennis Hastert said Tuesday he'll dismiss anyone on his staff found to have covered up concerns about ex-Rep. Mark Foley's approaches to former pages.

Hastert, R-Illinois, said he huddled with his staff last week and in that, in hindsight, the situation could have been better handled.

But he added, "If they did cover something up, then they should not continue to have their jobs."


I thought the buck stopped with you, Denny. What does that mean? Does that mean that you pay a price, or just that you tell others what price they will pay?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The buck stops with Denny, but then he made change with it and threw each of the coins at someone unsuspecting as they walked by. It's probably a step up from Kolbe's response today, where he almost seemed proud of the fact that he never bothered to read the emails, talk to Foley or respond to the page who contacted his office with a complaint.