Friday, May 05, 2006

Who said what?

I occasionally listen to Sean Hannity's radio show when I'm in the kitchen because it is so train-wreck bad that it's funny. The other night, Sean had a guest on who was just ripping this stupid little man's position on our disastrous present war and soon to be disastrous future war up one way and down the other. He noted that:

1) the Iraqi war was unlawful as war with Iran would be,
2) for all his hyperbole, Iranian President Ahmadinejad is a) not a policy maker and b) not insane,
3) Israel is quite well prepared to defend itself, thank you,
4) the Iranians are rational, and know that the microwave would immediately be set on "High" if even a hint of radiation was found out of place,
5) Crazy? We stared down Stalin for a generation and he was a nuclear-armed sociopath leading the world's larget country. We live with Stalin and you're afraid of a couple third-rate Middle eastern countries?
6) Iran has attacked NO ONE, and is a much larger, wealthier and more populous country than Iraq,

and the clincher was

7) "we can't go to war every time you're afraid, Sean."

The guest:





Amazing.

9 comments:

drmagoo said...

I love reason number 7.

schmidlap said...

As much as I agree with Buchanan on this issue, we have to remember to be careful not to get too far into bed with him.

He's a racist, xenophobic, isolationist of the first order. I'd bet he's got the robe and hood somewhere in one of his closets.

Pat being right about Iran and Iraq is something like the broken clock being right twice a day. Be very, very careful here...

drmagoo said...

At least Pat is self-consistent. He hates all other countries, and wouldn't help England if it were on fire, so at least he doesn't make exceptions for oil.

drmagoo said...

I have got to find audio of the phrase "we can't go to war every time you're afraid, Sean."

Guy said...

I keep hearing how Iran is lily white and pure, but I seem to remember a little event between them and one of their neighbors, now who was it? Ira.. something... it's a weird spelling I just can't seem to recall. But I'm sure they bombed and mustard gassed the hell out of them.

schmidlap said...

Where did you hear Iran is lily white and pure? Here? Show me.

And if not being lily white and pure is grounds for nuking, who else is on the list?

Peter said...

Guy,

I certainly have never said such laudatory things about Iran. I don't care one way or the other.
The WHOLE question is are they an imminent threat to the United States? The answer is a laughable and resounding "NO."

Anonymous said...

R.A. Does dying in the desert for Haliburton's profit and Rummy's hardon make you a man? I'd suggest that standing up for America and truth makes you a man but you wouldn't know about that.

Thank you for less than nothing.

ZuZu's Petals said...

Tell me R.A.,

Do you consider yourself a real American because you swallow every word out of the President's mouth, without question?