Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Waiting for my orders

I'm confused. According to the right, we're engaged in a major war to ruin Christmas. They even have graphics and everything:



And I'm clearly a liberal. I made the decision to donate money to a couple of liberal causes, and since then, I'm on every mailing and phone list known to man. I get solicitations from MoveOn, John Kerry, Howard Dean, and half the Democrats on the planet for money or time to help protest the war, send Karl Rove to jail, send Tom DeLay to jail, fight the Patriot Act, oppose Supreme Court nominations, prevent torture, change Congress in 2006 - a whole swath of things, really. But not once have I gotten my marching orders for the war on Christmas - what did I do wrong?

1 comment:

Peter said...

Marching orders for Dr. magoo:

Every idiot who goes about with 'Merry Christmas' on his lips should be boiled with his own pudding and buried with a stake of holly through his heart.

Sincerely,

The ACLU and the Democratic National Committee,