Monday, October 17, 2005

Miller High Life

The good political bloggers have thoroughly dissected the bizarre letter that "Scooter" Libby sent to Judy "the Shill" Miller in the slammer. If you missed it, Scootie, who we know spent his formative years being stuffed into lockers, penned this gem:

"You went into jail in the summer. It is fall now. You will have stories to cover--Iraqi elections and suicide bombers, biological threats and the Iranian nuclear program. Out West, where you vacation, the aspens will already be turning. They turn in clusters, because their roots connect them. Come back to work---and life. Until then, you will remain in my thoughts and prayers."

I can see how the connected roots bit is a veiled threat, if I go down, I'm taking you down too, but I have just two things to add:

1. This is MAJOR LEAGUE creepy and

2. I've seen better writing on those "I Heart You" valentines the 2nd-graders give out!

No comments: