Monday, July 31, 2006

More memories

While on the topic of misty water-colored memories, I would like for you to think back. First to the roller coaster of emotions from November 2000 and then on to that December, that dark cold night when the Supreme Court issued its incomprehensible and indefensible Bush v. Gore opinion. How did you feel those nights? I was horrified, but could find some small solace in the notion of "how bad could it really be?" Sure, I thought, we'll get a few wingnuts on the federal bench, some environmental rules will be rolled back and the rich will get their cut, but I never imagined this. Not in my wildest nightmare did I anticipate how much permanent damage to the country and the world could be inflicted by one administration.

What about you?

(p.s. I would really like to have a chat--insert "Louisville Slugger" here--with Ralph Nader right about now)

No comments: