Friday, January 13, 2006

A C&J Plug

I am a big fan of The Daily Kos. It is a great spot to find the latest scoop on what's going on. My favorite daily contributor is Bill from Portland, Maine, the writer of "Cheers and Jeers" a daily feature.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the headliner from today's edition:

C&J has reviewed the confirmation hearing transcripts, and we've concluded that the following would be more productive on the Supreme Court than Samuel Alito:
William Jefferson Clinton...Former Maine Senator William Cohen...Dan Quayle (Oops...that's the liquor talkin')...C&J's chocolate lab, Molly...Harriett Miers...John Dean...A sprig of parsley...The blond-haired, puffy lipped supermodel gestating inside Angelina's womb...Penn & Teller...Judge Joseph Wapner...A handful of almonds...that guy over there talkin' to himself...ABBA...Senator Olympia Snowe...Wolf Blitzer (medicated)...Yoda...Mike Judge...Arnold Palmer..."Hi! I'm David Oreck!"...Whatever it is that's residing in my belly button at this moment...Bill Gates...Tom Hanks...The color green...Moby...Keith Olbermann...The Weather Channel...Oh, say, a woman or a minority...Or a minority woman...The Hamburglar...Jon Stewart (nah, they'd never go for that)...A stick of butter...a slice of rhubarb pie...Mel Brooks...The "Intelligent Designer"...Whatever this is on the tip of my finger...Oprah...Former Senator Bob Graham...Jocelyn Elders...The county water commissioner...Molly Ivins (admit it---your heart just went a-flutter)...Mr. Pibb...peat moss...and finally:
Sandra Day O'Connor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

And so it got me to thinking, who/what else would do a better job on the SCotUS than ScAlito.

I can come up with two right off the top of my head: My five year old son and/or my nine year old daughter. The kid who retrieves the shopping carts at the Butera store would be a great choice as well. Do we have any other nominees?

2 comments:

schmidlap said...

Terry Schiavo?

drmagoo said...

You are an evil man, schmidlap, but I like the cut of your jib.