Friday, December 16, 2005

Uh, yeah, guilty as charged

So, from Crooks and Liars, we get this quote from Rush Limbaugh.

And you know something - it's what Liberals always do. Liberals look at the imperfections everywhere and seek to rectify them.
Hmm. Looking at imperfections and trying to rectify them. Oh, the horror. As RFK said, paraphrasing George Bernard Shaw, "There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why? I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?". Apparently, since Conservatives do the opposite of what Liberals do, they must go around trying to create imperfections where previously there were none.

But Rush wasn't done.
These imperfections lead to what they consider to be inequality and they get on to this manic, this radical madcap egalitarian kick, which suggests that everybody must be totally equal, which is in utter denial of uh of human nature.
Wow. Where have I seen someone suggest that everyone's equal? It had to be some nutjob lefty extremist, right? Was it in Marx? Mao? MoveOn.org? Wait, something's coming to me...

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal...

Oh, yeah. Notorious communist Thomas Jefferson. I should have known.

4 comments:

Peter said...

I'll let you know when I see one.

Peter said...

BTW, thanks for visiting though, and click on our fine sponsors!

Peter said...

Have I ever indicated that i had problems with capitalism or property rights? Our definitions may differ, but the basic concepts are not problematic.

Peter said...

I suggest you re-read it. You saw a JOKE about Marxism.

I wonder where the Venn diagrams of "Marxists" and "securities lawyers" intersect.