Monday, November 14, 2005

News Flash: Blind Squirrel Finds a Nut!!

Please follow this link to the on-line edition of today's Chicago Tribune and read Charlie Krauthammer's piece....

It isn't often when Charlie Krauthammer and I agree about something, and even in the article below there are moments where I could just as easily wring his neck as pat him on his miniature back. However, he is absolutely right about the crux of the matter...


NOTE: Krauthammer's call for a tax on gasoline is not a new idea (well *his* calling for a tax increase IS something new). John Anderson had exactly this idea (using much the same logic) in 1980 when he ran for president as an independent. He received over 6% of the popular vote.

2 comments:

drmagoo said...

IKYHFM, but I voted for John Anderson in my 3rd grade election that year. He didn't win in my grade school, either.

Rousing Rabble said...

I left it out of my original post, but John Anderson got my first ever actual presidential vote..