Saturday, August 06, 2005

Hello, America? This is your wakeup call

Admittedly, I am a political junkie but I think the country is asleep.

Case in point--my lovely wife.

God bless her, she has put up with me since October 1976 when we met on a blind date at DePauw University, I was a sophomore, she was a freshman. She is a high-level computer systems manager with a HUGE corporation, a CPA and a master's graduate of Northwestern's Kellogg School of Business,

Last night we are watching mankind's greatest invention to date (TIVO!!) and the Daily Show. Jon Stewart intros the Robert Novak meltdown. I tell the Mrs. that she has to watch Robert Novak implode. She says...

Who's Robert Novak?

I say, "He's the Sun-Times columnist that outed Valerie Plame."

Who's Valerie Plame?

When I mention Karl Rove I get a nod of familiarity but GEEEZ--this is a highly intelligent, well-educated woman who lives with a political junkie and it is not getting through????

Hello???

No comments: